The Best of 2009- PMA
We were able to see a lot of exciting new things at PMA ’09 earlier this year and hope to be wowed again at PMA 2010 coming up in late February. Here’s what caught our attention in Las Vegas this year:
- Pentaxian photographer, Mark Dimalanta, gave a surf photography demo (we later published a major profile on him in the Digital Photographer summer 2009 issue).
- The Liquid Image digital underwater camera mask was more than a novelty at the PMA Sneak Peek.
- The Sony DMC-HX1 was an exciting new entry-level D-SLR with “Sweep Panorama mode.”
- Panasonic followed up the Lumix G1 from CES with the Micro Four-Thirds Lumix GH1, which shoots HD video.
- The Olympus E-620 D-SLR impressed us with its Art Filters (we went on to do a full-length review of the camera in the Digital Photographer summer 2009 issue).
- Panasonic showed us a vast lineup of new point-and-shoot cameras, a few of which were quite exciting.